Friday, July 9, 2010

Introduction

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog.  The purpose of this blog is to share my thoughts on the Decisions-as-a-Service concept with whomever might be interested in them.

I have worked for a number of companies that fundamentally provide decisioning solutions, and have come to the conclusion that the conventional, heavy (i.e., expensive), in-house installation of decisioning platforms is the way of the past.  The advent of Data-as-a-Service, distributed computing, and web-based application delivery opens the way for sophisticated automated decisioning and analytics to become available to small and mid-tier B2C players that are spurned by aforementioned vendors.

The applications for Decisions-as-a-Service are far and wide, and as I come across use-cases, I will make mention of them in this blog.  In general, I intend to discuss the various aspects of DaaS in future posts, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment